Tuesday, May 7, 2013

More about Sound Healing at The Yoga Loft

Kristen's talents for teaching yoga are wide ranging.  Kristen does so much with expecting mothers through prenatal classes and her work with kids.  She also is known for her Sound Healing offered at The Yoga Loft.  This month, there's a little added extra: chanting with Amitabhan.  If you've never been to one of her Sound Healing events, here's some more information.

 YL:  Can you tell us a little about Sound Healing?  What is it?

KR: Throughout time and within many cultures, music and sound have been at the heart of healing. Sound healing is vibrational medicine that can help reduce stress, alleviate pain, improve sleep and concentration and create a deeper sense of well being.

YL:   What's the reaction from people afterwards?

KR:  Here's a few quotes from people who've attended:

“If everyone attended Kristen Rubis’ Group Sound Healing, our world would be a better place. My experience was profound and remained with me for days afterward. Every cell in my body hummed with the vibrations of the singing bowls and a sense of peace and calm overwhelmed me as I exchanged with the universe my suffering for its healing. Love yourself enough to experience this healing ceremony because it will ultimately benefit those that you love the most..”  ~Annette , Olympia WA

"During Kristen's concert, I felt like I was being bathed with sound all the way down to my cells. So nourishing, thank you!" ~Kelly, Sedona, AZ

"Amazing unworldly magic!" ~Sherri, Sebastopol, CA
 
YL:  How will this experience be a bit different with Amitabhan?

KR:  I will start the evening with an hour of Sound Healing – using Tibetan and crystal quartz “singing” bowls, bells, planetary chimes, a healing gong, and other soothing percussion instruments.  I’ll then lead some simple breathing exercises and a guided meditation. For the remaining hour Amitabhan will lead kirtan, and share a few of his heart-opening original songs.

YL:   What inspires you to do this offering?

KR: I am humbled by the healing potential of this sacred music. I receive emails and messages from folks sharing their pain is decreased, their anxiety is diminished, their insomnia is gone, their creativity has opened in a new way. It's heart opening and humbling to witness folks shifting in such positive ways. It's a beautiful non-invasive way to invite the nervous system to relax and alleviate stagnation in our body, mind and spirits!

YL:  Anything else?

KR:  Sacred music is becoming a bigger part of my path and a deeper part of my service. I listen with my hands and heart while I trust in the divinity of this sacred music. The mystery, magic, and medicine of the healing sound moves through me with deep grace. I am humbled and honored to share this ‘Sacred Sound Healing’ with the world.

The concert starts at 7pm Friday, May 10.
Tickets are available at the door - $15 - $25 (sliding scale).  


No comments:

Post a Comment